Reporting to the Group CEO, the Head of Digital will be primarily responsible for the Group’s digital sales and profitability and ensure a consistent customer experience across all digital customer touchpoints. He/she will lead the Digital strategy, building, developing and standardising the technology solutions across the organisation.
- Work with the various country digital, marketing and IT teams to develop and execute a group wide digital business strategy that sets out to achieve the Group’s digital targets including sales and consistent customer experience that engages consumers, strengthening their connection to our products and brands;
- Lead a Digital Board/Committee comprising digital, commercial and other business leaders;
- Continually drive new sales and marketing initiatives to increase traffic to sites and increase sales and profitability and become a key contributor to market leadership;
- Develop guidelines/policies to be followed by country teams to ensure that all digital resources (be they websites or social media) have a consistent “tone of voice” and are easy to use and navigate;
- Lead the development and implementation of new digital apps to reach the customer;
- Monitor the execution of the countries’ content across websites and social media marketing campaigns to ensure efficiency, accuracy and timeliness of all web content publishing;
- Keep abreast of developing technologies to ensure state of the art digital assets;
- Ensure alignment with logistics management process;
- Be responsible for all aspects of key e-commerce metrics (traffic, SEO, conversion, bounce rate, dwell time, payment gateway, abandoned cart etc);
Key performance indicators:
- Sales and profit from digital;
- Standard KPIs (Traffic; Conversion; Bounce rate; Abandoned cart etc);
- Customer satisfaction ratings.
Skills and Competence:
- Experience in developing and implementing digital sale and marketing strategies;
- Solid experience with online marketing tools and a clear understanding of web-based platforms and technologies;
- In depth knowledge of different digital channels;
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to influence key members of the organisation;
- Strong commercial and analytical skills;
- Proven programme and product management skills;
- Ideally a Masters in Marketing, Digital technologies or similar relevant field;
- Fluency in English and French whilst Arabic is a plus.