Our client, an online casino technology and services company, is looking to hire a Head of DevOps. The client needs someone with great AWS DevOps knowledge who also has experience deploying and managing physical equipment across multiple data centres & good networking knowledge. The role will be done remotely.
What you already have:
- Team leadership - in particular the management of a globally distributed SRE team
- AWS DevOps - usage of EKS to run dockerised applications, and running AWS-managed database
- On Prem - experience of deploying and managing physical equipment (network/server) on premises in multi data centres.
- Networks - knowledge of networks including BGP, IPsec and Direct Connect
- Infrastructure as code - particularly terraform and ansible
- The ability to debug and fix production issues related to the above
- Building infrastructure in a highly regulated environment
- Cyber-security knowledge and experience of systems hardening
It is a plus if you have:
- Experience of working both independently to get a job done, and collaboratively as a mixed team of senior and junior developers
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced environment, to tight deadlines, and exacting quality standards
- Self-motivation and drive to deliver excellent products to customers
- Any additional knowledge around Postgres, Scala or Kafka highly desirable.
- A small company, can-do ethos
- We focus on getting stuff done, not on process or management hierarchy
- A distributed workforce but communicating regularly
- Sharing expertise and learning from others to keep improving as a team
- A flexible working schedule
- Working remotely
- Approaching and working closely with people from every business function
- Agreeing with business and technical staff what solutions are needed
- Managing a 24/7 remote SRE team
- Diagnosing and fixing production issues
- Not being phased by the strange variety of things that need doing in a small growing company
- Being proactive and not just waiting to be told the next thing to do
- Finding better ways that we can get things done
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!