As Head of Engineering, you will be an integral part of the senior management and the growth prospects of the company. You will have overall responsibilities related to team leadership, data & technology infrastructure management, as well as new systems and product innovations.
You will be responsible for continuing to evolve the strategic technology vision, and must demonstrate the ability to empower and drive accountability across teams and contribute to driving revenue, profitability and productivity through outstanding execution, high engagement, and a commitment to quality.
- Drive the development of new product and infrastructure innovations, while maintaining and updating existing systems.
- Continue to build out a technology stack that handles data related to sports (e.g. injury news, player tracking) and finance (e.g. trades, sportsbook odds) with the lowest latency possible.
- Design data pipelines that can quickly apply machine learning models and data aggregation techniques to data streams.
- Create algorithms that support the fast API integration by normalizing data from a variety of sources.
- Evolve our current order flow management system, data profiling tools and trading dashboards.
- 4+ years as a senior technology leader and/or key contributor to a tech.
- Must have some sports betting and past startup experience.
- Must have experience in the programming language Python; Go, R, etc. are considered pluses.
- Strong practice in complex SQL queries, data viz, and dashboarding.
- Worked with AWS (e.g. Lambda, ECS, DynamoDB) in the past.
- Deep domain expertise managing and creating technology infrastructure for trading systems.
- Strong API integration background and dynamic management of data analytics from various sources and types.
- Big data analytics scheme development, including advanced approaches around machine learning.
- Relishes the autonomy and impact that a startup brings, while being their own self-starter.