The Head of Risk and Trading role will incorporate all facets of the risk and trading involved in a sports betting business. This includes margin management, customer onboarding risks and recruitment and training.
This is an influential management role which will work closely with other product areas. The Head of Risk and Sports Book will be the leading company expert ensuring commercial success and future growth. This position involves risk management and managing and overseeing the Risk Support team, responsible for providing data relating to aspects of our betting offer and ensure a competitive pricing policy is pursued whilst minimising the risk to the company.
- Manage risk and liabilities across all European, U.S. and global sports including Soccer, NFL, Ice Hockey, Tennis, Basketball, Baseball etc.
- Monitoring customer activity and high-risk betting patterns.
- Liaise with the Trading team on odds, limits, liabilities and risk.
- Assist with monitoring clients and bet limits.
- Manual check and authorization of winning bets.
- Monitoring fraudulent trends
- Ensuring staff arrive and complete full shifts without issues. Monitoring of staff during shifts may be required.
- Assist the Trading team with odds compilation when required.
- Ensure pricing is competitive and accurate at all times.
- Ensuring deadlines relating to offer availability and instant settling are met.
- Manage P&L of the Sports Book product group
- Work with management / CEO to develop and implement Sports Book strategy
- Define the Global long-term strategy and prioritisation of product roadmap ensuring on-going development of new features
- Work closely with customer services to ensure best practices are standard
- Regular reporting to senior stakeholders on analytics
- Manage the budgeting process
- Team building, management / leadership
- Manage the product lifecycle for Sports Book products from market scoping to board sign off through to delivery, launch and optimisation of products
- Maintain customer focus, utilising customer insight, usability testing, web analytics and competitive trends.
- Developing a UX strategy to enhance ‘player journey’
- Commercial negotiation and relationship management with third party suppliers
- Work with in-house software development team to deliver effective integrations and maintain a continual flow of new content
Recruitment and Training
- Recruit staff based on the requirements of the business
- Develop onboarding content for the onboarding of staff
- Continuous training of staff to ensure the best standard is kept.
- Managing the training of staff on any 3rd party software involved in the business.
- 7+ years of experience of working within an online Sports Book role
- 5+ years of experience in an Odds Compiling, Trading and Risk Management Environment
- 3-5 years of online Sports Book P&L Management with a highly regarded online Sports Book brand
- 5+ years of online marketing, with particular emphasis in areas of conversion, CRM / retention, and maximising player lifetime value
- Strong background in risk and liability management
- Experience of developing a highly engaging UX strategy and innovative player journey experience.
- Experience of devising an internationally scalable growth strategy
- Ability to manage staff effectively and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse group of internal and external personnel
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Strong communication, organisational and project implementation skills
- Ability to work effectively with other highly talented individuals