An established and growing i-Gaming business is looking to hire a Head of AML.
This position can be based in Gibraltar or the UK and will report in to the Head of Compliance.
As Head of AML/ CTF you will support, manage and implement a global compliance programme in respect of Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing strategy.
In collaboration with the group MLRO you will design and develop effective and efficient requirements including policies, processes, procedures and training.
The role also includes acting as Deputy MLRO, and the following responsibilities: -
- Develop and mentor a team of AML/CTF and EDD specialists, contractors and analysts in supporting their AML/CTF compliance knowledge and ongoing education.
- Responsible for acting as Deputy MLRO, including working with various regulators, Financial Intelligence Analysis Units and the National Crime Agency.
- Oversee alignment of AML/ CTF and sanctions compliance processes.
- Provide subject matter expertise, training and outreach to the business functions in order to continually educate staff on AML/ CTF and sanctions risks, issues and processes.
- Collaborate with the Head of Compliance and wider compliance team and other parts of the business, particularly those involved with supplier on-boarding or incentives where there is AML or sanctions risk.
- Conduct AML/CTF assessments on new products and services to identify and mitigate risks.
- Develop strategy to deal with new product and emerging market risks.
- Support internal audits and regulatory requests relating to AML/CTF, ensure satisfactory resolution of any audit findings and recommendations.
- Investigate and react to any regulatory breaches relating to AML/CTF, both in the immediate aftermath of the event and longer term to ensure lessons are learned and integrated into future processes.
- Monitor and continuously improve the standard and quality of performance within the AML and EDD functions.
- Provide trusted expertise in resolving complex, high-priority, EDD escalations whilst ensuring Lottoland’s regulatory and legal requirements are always met.
- Produce an AML/CTF risk and governance report to the board of directors and the Audit and Risk Committee when required.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and ensure the operational team conducts itself in compliance with the Proceeds of Crime Act, Money Laundering Regulations and similar legislation, acting in conjunction with the MLRO.
- Work with the Head of Assurance to conduct a review of the effectiveness of existing controls to identify changes necessary to the company’s AML/CTF approach and controls.
- Ensure group AML/ CTF risk assessment is continuously updated, and maintained and the obligations of the National Risk Assessments.
- CAMS certified (or equivalent).
- Proven history of developing and managing an international AML/CTF strategy.
- Technically excellent whilst being commercial in approach.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion and professionalism.
- Experience of meeting deadlines and effectively managing multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to manage and develop an effective team managing strategy and operational activities.
- Curiosity about how we operate our business with the ability to maintain an open mind for new technologies and innovative solutions.
- Strong written and spoken fluency in the English language, with foreign language skills (particularly German) advantageous.
A competitive package is on offer for this exciting position.