My client is a new and upcoming brand that has launched last year. They are looking for a game Mathematician/ Maths Tools Engineer to join their ever-growing team in Malta.
They want someone who has had experience making slot games for an online casino from a mathematical, mechanical, and/or back-end perspective.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work with our Game Designers to design and implement math models from Design briefs.
- As part of our creative group – invent new mechanics and mathematical approaches to game experiences.
- Work with Studio Director, Games Designers and other group company Mathematicians on the implementation and maintenance of new Math Tools such as Solvers, Analytics and Bench-marking and simulation and automation frameworks.
- Develop Simulators to prove probabilities and Return to Player outcomes.
- Collaborate with testing labs and internal QA Engineers to ensure compliance with appropriate market regulations.
- Communicate with the development team in an iterative development process to ensure smooth client/server integration.
- Maintain well-organized working files to facilitate file sharing and collaborative work and internal security practices.
- Set up a Math KPI and analytic framework for continuous improvement of Games Design.
Skills and Qualification
Essential Skills and Experience
- Experience in Java programming is a must.
- Experience in Statistical Computing environments such as R.
- Able to produce high quality, stable and modifiable calculated math models.
- 2+ years’ experience in the Gaming Industry, with strong understanding of gambling game and player psychology concepts and theory.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- Good understanding of automation tools, process and methodologies
- University degree in Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics or Computer Science.
- Experience with BI Tools and Systems such as Power BI or Tableau