A sports data platform based in Prague are looking for a short-term contractor to joing their frontend team building the next generation sportsbook platform on both mobile and desktop.
You will work closely with the team to design elegant solutions, troubleshoot difficult problems and introduce solid processes, which you will help maintain and adapt to encourage continual improvement of the team’s performance.
What you’ll do
- Drive the continuous improvement of the tools and processes within the area.
- Suggests improvements to processes and methodologies that will deliver consistent commercial benefit.
- Highlight and respond to risks as and when they arise.
- Ability to understand and keep up to date with new and emerging technologies.
- Work with Other team members, Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to understand priorities, help manage any backlog, ensure quality, and on time delivery.
Exposure to any or several of the following technologies, principles and disciplines will be beneficial - the company platform and products are built using:
- Development principles (DRY, GRASP, KISS, YAGNI, SOLID, SMACSS, BEM).
- Dependency Injection Frameworks (Spring, Guice, Bower etc).
- Unit Testing Frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha etc) and testing best practices.
- Database Technologies - RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, IBM DB2, CloudSQL), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j).
- Build Automation and Continuous Integration (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Team City, Hudson, Git, Subversion, Grunt, Gulp).
- Scripting with the Linux command shell.
- Messaging Technologies - (e.g. EMS, ActiveMQ, Camel, etc).
- REST and RESTful API design.
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, XML Schema and XSLT, JSON).
- Experience working on high-throughput, low latency systems and/or high-volume websites.
- Scrum environment.
Competitive day rate available, contracts of initial 6 months with potential to renew or go perm. Interviews starting immediately.
Send CV's to Madeleine.Kellegher@Pentasia.com to apply.