We are looking for a Front End Game Architect to join our growing team in our Sliema, Malta office.
Using state-of-the-art technologies and architectural patterns, our Technical Front End Architect will influence, lead and define technical solutions that will help shape and deliver cutting edge Casino games with a significant focus on user experience, performance and maintainability.
Part of the front-end team, you will be involved in developing, problem-solving and finding ways to enhance our gaming engine based on the latest web technologies.
Responsibilities of the Position
· The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about delivering first-class games and drive this studio to the next level of excellence. Required is an experience of deep hands-on involvement in handling technical issues to properly guide the team to excellence.
· As a referent for the Front-end squad, provide architectural guidance, validation and implementation for our Front-end Game engine.
· Contribute to the definition and evolution of our reference architecture through technical evaluations and POCs.
· Coordinate the technologies used for the game engine and the games in general by cooperating with the other developers.
· As part of this role, travelling might be required.
· Utilise technical knowledge and experience to support the teams in troubleshooting.
· Work closely with other developers, QA and product team.
· Writing high-quality code and documentation.
· Contribute to our continuous improvement and lean thinking processes.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
· 5+ years of substantial technical experience designing and implementing highly performant, maintainable and scalable frontend applications using the latest technologies
· Have worked with multiple front-end frameworks
· Good experience with HTML5 / CSS3
· Excellent Design Pattern knowledge
· Structured software development and software life cycle
· Experience using distributed version control
· Games industry experience
· Able to communicate perfectly in both written and spoken English.
· Coaching ability
· A talkative person, who can communicate clearly to a broad audience
· Good problem- solving skills, both identifying and quickly solving them.
· Team player with a constructive attitude
· Passionate about web technologies and a strong desire to learn
· Creating interactive content using Canvas and WebGL or OpenGL
· ReactJS library
· PixiJS library
· Microsoft .NET C#
· Responsive Design
· Git & TeamCity & Octopus & JIRA
· Experience with CI/CD
· Experience in automated testing
· Knowledge of Agile methodologies