Fraud and Risk Manager
On behalf of our client, one of the World's leading sportsbook operators, is looking for a Fraud and Risk Manager. The primary objective of the Fraud and Risk Manager is to protect the company from criminality, significant loss, and reputational damage. The main responsibility will be to ensure that threats are neutralized and that any significant learning is fed back into the team and the business to prevent repetition and further loss.
Fraud and Risk Manager Responsibilities:
- Use knowledge of key US legislation particularly FinCEN regulations and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Prepare accurate suspicious activity reports for suspected money laundering, terrorist funding, and fraud activity.
- Responsible for the operational management of the US Fraud and Risk Department.
- Responsible for signing off large deposits and withdrawals whilst ensuring all the processes have been completed correctly by the Fraud and Risk Team.
- Actively seek and identify new ideas in relation to the internal tools and to provide the framework for change where appropriate.
- Maintain US statistics for key metrics including payment disputes, folder population, and regulatory adherence.
- Provide insight into the US financial crime landscape in New Jersey and beyond as the company seeks to expand the US operation.
- Attention to detail.
- Possess a deep understanding of FinCEN and the Bank Secrecy Act.
- Develop exceptional working knowledge of internal applications/systems.
- Develop a sound knowledge of the company’s fraud processes.
- A background in online financial fraud.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to learn new skills.
- Drive and ambition to succeed.