A specialist and boutique FinTech consultancy firm is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Analyst to join their driven and diverse offices in London.
Established in 2017, they provide fintech companies, online businesses and payment solution providers with a comprehensive array of professional services.
As an Analyst within the Strategic Intelligence team you will be responsible for owning, maintaining and improving forecasting methodologies within the Data Analytics team. You will combine your domain knowledge and experience of quantitative and statistical methods to produce highly detailed and insightful financial models forecasting KPI’s for clients that specialize in producing digital products and associated software.
You will be part of a team responsible for driving insight into commercial, financial and product performance, generating the data to drive decision-making and informing business, product and market strategies through variance analysis of those forecasts.
Along with forecasting duties, you will be working with other business units and stakeholders across the organisation on general purpose Analytics projects. You will combine data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of business performance including financial data, customer data, product data and market research assets.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Learn, own, maintain and improve current and future forecast methodology and reporting
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Analyse revenue and product data to create financial models for decision support
- Provide analysis of tends and forecasts, perform variance analysis and recommend actions for optimisation
- Report on financial performance and assist in the preparation of board packs
- Structure, analyse and report on performance from data extraction (SQL), to statistical analysis (Excel, Python, R) to visualization (Tableau, Power Point, Excel or other visualization)
- Use of a combination of web metrics, marketing & product reporting, financial reporting and third-party research data to generate insights on performance in the market
- Along with the Analytics leadership and Sr. Business Managers, proactively structure analyses from hypothesis development to modelling to support commercial decisions and to influence business roadmaps and go-to-market strategies
- Work with senior business leaders to build out both regular business reports to track KPI’s or OKR’s and a process to monitor, analyse and report on any anomalies or major shifts in behaviour
- Hands on work gathering competitive intelligence through the use of competitor products, their platforms and turning those experiences into useable data sets and insights
Key Requirements & Skills
- Business and technology hybrid profile, with priority given to business background and acumen
- Highly developed analytical skills
- High level of business curiosity
- Proficiency in financial modelling techniques
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Experienced in business performance reporting / analysis, and solid technical skills. (Excel, SQL, reporting tools and technology)
- Experience writing SQL for data extraction is an asset or the ability to learn on the job quickly
- Good oral and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to build positive, productive interpersonal relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to create and present analyses and reports
- Experience in Business Intelligence, reporting & visualization tools (i.e. Tableau) is an asset
- Degree in any of the following (Finance, Accounting, Business Analytics or Technology, Computer Science, Math, Statistics) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of applied statistical methods for forecasting
- This position requires limited International travel
This is an incredible opportunity to work with one of the most bespoke consulting companies within the industry. If you are Analytics professional that wishes to use your skills to make a truly demonstrable impact, then apply now.