My technology focused client is looking to recruit a part time Financial Controller for three days per week on a permanent basis.
Working in a highly mobile, dynamic environment you will be the sole accountant responsible for the company’s finance function. The role is three days a week and flexible regarding which days and start/finish times.
- Management of accounting system (AP and AR, inputting bank transactions into system, posting journals).
- Month end management reports.
- Monthly payroll processing.
- Balance sheet and revenue reconciliations.
- All HMRC returns including; quarterly partial-exemption VAT, gambling duty and EMI share scheme.
- Work closely with external accountancy firm to submit annual R&D tax credit application and corporation tax returns.
- Preparing all statutory returns; Companies House, UK Gambling Commission.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts for two entities.
- Preparing analysis requested by the senior management team.
- Ad hoc duties.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA. This role would ideally suit somebody who has had 3+ years post qualification experience.
- Comfortable participating in board meetings and presenting management reports to the company’s board of directors.
- Competent on Excel.
- Strong analytical/numeracy skills – the role will involve a degree of analysis and reconciliation of a number of sports betting accounts. This is a key requirement for being able to advance in the role. We would prefer the candidate to have demonstrated this either through obtaining a good grade at mathematics A-Level (or equivalent) or through their employment history.
- An ability to self-manage and to be able to work to multiple deadlines that may vary.
- Prior experience using Sage Accounting/Sage Payroll (this would be an advantage to have)
Please apply in writing email@example.com