A unique opportunity exists for an experienced Finance Analyst to work for a succesful iGaming business as it grows out of start-up.
The company has two sports and casino brands; one focusing on the UK and European markets and the other which targets regulated US markets. Their social sports betting apps that are highly differentiated from competitor brands and products in both markets. They combine free-to-play game mechanics with a mobile and social-first design and marketing strategy. After launching in 2017, the brand has achieved fast growth during its start-up phase and now, through its entry into the US market through a key partnership, is at the start of the businesses scale-up phase.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a business at such a crucial stage of growth and development of the business.
The role-holder will play a vital role in ensuring that marketing spend and costs are projected and tracked closely and highlight to management any changes that need to be implemented to stay on track.
The ideal candidate will be numerically astute display a high degree of commercial acumen. The role reports to senior Marketing staff as well as the CFO. They will be an Advanced Excel user able to create their own reporting templates and complex model dashboards both in Excel and in our SAAS tool (Looker).
The Finance Analyst/Controller will be integral to the marketing team and a bridge into the finance and legal teams.
The Finance Analyst/Controller will be imperative for the planning, forecasting and analysis for the marketing department. This may include forecasting future revenues and expenditures, as well as modelling capital structure and budgeting.
- Oversee the accurate tracking of media and partnership spend and ensure they are correctly represented in the finance and BI reporting and tools used
- Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts, explaining processes and techniques and recommending actions and analyse marketing performance alongside changes and market trends
- Create forecasts and calculate variances between those forecasts and actuals; identifying and providing insights to the causes of such variances
- Aid in the capital and expenditure planning processes including the preparation of monthly and annual forecast planning sheets and documents
- Create and maintain various spreadsheets and dashboards and provide reliable assessments on channel and campaign performance; writing up the data in layman's terms and present to senior managers when necessary
- Identify and drive process improvements including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel/Looker dashboards: support the marketing team in data analysis through the available BI tools such as looker and create dashboards for ongoing use
- Creating models and provide analysis on marketing opportunities, new business opportunities and ongoing analysis on existing major customers and tying them back to acquisition costs
- Support the marketing team in the review of contracts and subsequently manage their progress through internal/external teams: finance and legal
- Fully comprehend the financial business model and work with senior marketing managers to ensure it is properly addressed in the marketing reporting
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and be responsible for month-end accounting reconciliation
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools including working with partner tools
- Perform market research to help maintain competitor knowledge within the marketing team
Applications will be considered from those with;
- Experience of working in a similar start -up business that is fast -paced where everyone is driven.
- Managing large scale cash-flow forecasts and monitoring spend vs budget
- Business finance or other relevant experience with high proficiency in financial modelling techniques using Excel (advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and functions)
- BA/BSc degree in quantitative field (Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Statistics)
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Commercial acumen and the ability to communicate with senior stakeholders in the business.
The following will be regarded as highly beneficial;
- Experience using project management tools such as Asana, experience with SQL
- MSc degree or graduates who are chartered ACCA or CMA accountants
- CFA and CIIA certification