As Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the overall software platform in terms of technical quality, schedule of delivery and overall productivity within your team.
In this role, you will manage a software development team which includes development and QA, driving project planning, overseeing development, and supporting the team throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
You will bring necessary servant leadership skills and will represent the team’s overall status (architecture, timelines, quality, development) across multiple projects when communicating to senior management and stakeholders.
Your primary responsibility as an Engineering Manager is the delivery of software to schedule and at the expected quality, by managing the team, removing blocking issues and mitigating risks raised by management, product, development or architecture.
You will understand each of the team’s roles and responsibilities and be able to recognize areas that require support or investment throughout the SDLC as well as areas of development and growth for the individuals in the team.
What you'll do
- Be a role model for our team, inspiring them and challenging the status quo
- Support our engineers through an agile transformation
- Represent the team towards senior management and stakeholders
- Work with the team to solve strategic problems around technology, methodology and process
- Drive consistent standards, ensuring the team is collaborating and using engineering best practices: writing clean and well structured, documented, well tested code
- Work with the team and external partners to ensure high technical quality, and that the deliverables are defined on time and to the right level of quality to guarantee successful outputs
- Manage projects within the team; define project timelines and milestones as well as resource allocation according to existing capacity and commitments
- Identify and develop mitigation/contingency plans, facilitate risk management process and conflict resolution
- Drive and enforce the SDLC process, and establish procedures and systems for managing and tracking change
- Encourage ownership and accountability at all levels within the team aiming to promote an autonomous development team
- Instigate cross-team initiatives and fosters collaboration across engineering groups
- Apply governance standards and provide continuous improvement feedback to governance bodies
- Manage hiring, onboarding, retention and career development of the engineering teams ensuring that the team high-performing
- Mentor employees through example, advice and correction; help them to expand their capacity and the capacity of their teams; participate in their career development
- Lead incident root cause analysis and work with the team to identify long term preventive measures and adapt existing processes accordingly
What you'll bring
- A passion for software development processes, methodologies and technologies
- Well-versed in Agile software development processes and techniques and how to adapt them to the team dynamics and business needs
- Software development background with hands-on experience in developing commercial solutions
- Creative problem-solving mindset, can-do attitude and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication (spoken/written) and presentation skills
- Ability to learn and keep technically current with industry approaches, frameworks, and paradigms, including self-learning and company sponsored improvement
- Ability to motivate a team to achieve the defined vision and product objectives while balancing business priorities through collaboration with senior management
- Ability to initiate, recognize, and manage change
- Ability to manage performance and coach team members for growth through career development plans and leading by example
- Ability to work autonomously in a dynamic environment, taking multiple initiatives forward at the same time
- Full English professional proficiency
What's in it for you
- Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech
- Global work experience in an agile methodology
- International, friendly and inclusive multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
- Competitive salary and relocation packages for you and your family
- Private health insurance and life insurance from day 1
- Flexibility of working from home/office to stay both safe and collaborative
- Flexible working hours, well-being programs, learning and growth opportunities
- Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designathons
- Opportunity to shape the tech community inside and outside of the company, mentoring and sharing knowledge with others
This position can be remote in Spain, they require that you visit the office once a month.