A truly incredible opportunity with a well-known, Pentasia client operating in the American Sports space has opened up in the famous Windy City, Chicago.
If sports are your passion, and IT your profession then this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for you.
If you have ever watched the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, NASCAR or the WNBA, then there’s a likely chance you will have used our clients’ services.
Our internationally known client is opening a new division of their live TV streaming platform that launched in 2021. With consumers already deeply engaged with their leading sports streaming packages, their new Gaming and sportsbook service aims to provide a comprehensive sports & entertainment experience through sports betting and interactive gaming, allowing in game betting and odds to be used whilst displayed alongside their second to non-streaming and coverage rights of all major American sports. The online wagering experience, is expected to launch in Q4 2021.
They are looking to speak with talented Engineering Managers who are interested in joining the team in Chicago. There is more than one position available.
Some responsibilities of the position:
- Prioritize and manage teams’ goals and daily work, keeping them aligned with Company goals.
- Drive the short-term planning and execution of sprints and long-term roadmaps
- Work closely with the Product Owner to ensure the Business goals are met in a timely fashion and communicate with stakeholders when they are at risk
- Keep the team members motivated, ensure their professional growth and well-being
- Create clarity and align the team behind (a) common goal(s)
- Cooperate closely with other engineering teams and Operations
The ideal person would have:
- Strong experience working in software engineering
- Excellent people skills and interest in leadership
- Passion for technology
- Previous experience in a leadership role
- The ability to analyse situations and make informed decisions; able to understand problems, think critically, and devise solutions
- The ability to work effectively with the people around; able to negotiate with others, and to recognize and appreciate diversity in the team
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development life cycle and agile methodologies
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multiply your effectiveness by guiding and influencing your engineers to maximize their productivity and impact
- You are an owner and are invested in the success of the product and the team
- Strong communication skills: a communication style that resonates with and inspires listeners, and an effective use of Agile/project management terminology to foster a common understanding of these concepts
- Experience using metrics/OKRs to measure the impact of organizational change initiatives.
- A devotion to continuous self-improvement; a voracious appetite for learning new things, and a strong presence in the greater Agile community
Mobile App: React Native (HTML/CSS) on iOS/Android, using GraphQL, MobX, and REST APIs
Web App: React (HTML/CSS), using GraphQL, MobX, Redux, and REST APIs
Backend: Hosted both on-premises in the various states we will operate in (On Linux machines), as well as in the cloud (AWS / GCP), using Go as a language, containerized and deployed using Docker and Kubernetes where possible.
General Infrastructure: Using Git hosted on Github/BitBucket, CI/CD using CircleCI/Atlassian Bamboo, CDNs such as Cloudflare.
Salary and benefits:
- An appropriate and attractive salary level
- Relocation assistance to The Windy City, Chicago.
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Life and Disability Coverage
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- PTO/Work from home/Sick days
- Holiday Schedule
- Gym Discounts
- Free TV Subscriptions
If this position has piqued your interest, then we would love to hear from you. Please send your latest Resume for consideration.