My client is a leading International iGaming company is on the lookout for a .Net/Devops Engineer to join their team in the Isle of Man.
As a learning organisation, they are always looking at new ways to adapt, grow and expand their know - how. They strive to drive the business (and everyone within the organisation) forward every day and take a lot of pride in the company culture.
- Designing, deploying, developing, and configuring solutions for server, network, application, and compliance automation.
- To work alongside or lead a team in breaking down solutions into smaller tasks that can be completed autonomously
- To participate in the design of service automation in cloud towards Infrastructure-as-code.
- Designing solutions that will operate at scale.
- Driving adoption of new tools and techniques being able to understand their value and impact.
- Manage mission critical, large scale service in a global organisation.
- Strong technical knowledge of large scale, complex platforms
- Sysadmin knowledge of DNS, network topology, routing, Docker, ELK, RabbitMQ, NoSQL.
- Familiarity with distributed systems is a plus including: the CAP Theorem, Microservices, and the Twelve Factor Application principles.
- Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification.
- Run, maintain and schedule upgrades of mission-critical shared infrastructure.
- Provide feedback regarding development and engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices.
- Create and/or contribute to deliverables, technical and non-technical, that are required to support DevOps transformations.
- Requirements gathering for design, development and deployment
- Root cause analysis and improvement solutions
- Performing audits and analysis of existing products for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
- Adhere ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management.
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft, Amazon, etc) for escalation of issues.
- Define and create standard operating procedures that are compliant and auditable
- Able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Ability to make key decisions as they relate to service disruptions and problems.
- Expertise in designing, analysing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, excellent communication skills, and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Engage in and improve the whole life cycle of services, from inception and design, through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Monitor production alerts, investigate, and solve for both the short and long term.
- Scale systems sustainable through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and post-mortems.
- Manage the solution design (as the design authority) with high level architecture of software.
C#, .Net, .Net Core, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, CI/CD, Azure Devops, Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, Splunk, ELK, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Application Gateways, API routing, Apache, Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes, AKS, Nomad, RabbitMQ, Version control, Hashicorp, Nomad, Vault, Consul, Microsoft or Linux technologies, Agile & Devops principles.
Excellent written and spoken English are required.
On offer is an attractive salary, a great benefits package including relocation and the opportunity to live and work in the Isle of Man.