About the opportunity
A vacancy has arisen in the fast-growing Card Services team for a niche financial services company, based in Horsham. Requiring a motivated individual to work in the team managing Disputes and Card Scheme Bulletins.
This position reports to the Head of Card Services and will require close liaison with the other members of the Card Services team, the Head of Compliance and other teams within the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Check Card Scheme Chargeback Portals (Mastercard Claims Manager/MasterCom and Visa Resolve OnLine daily for any new cases.
- Enter new Programme Manager chargebacks into the Card Scheme Chargeback Portals (as required) and upload supporting documentation for open cases.
- Manage and respond to Pre-Arbitration and Pre-Compliance cases, liaising with Programme Managers for supporting documentation as required.
- Manage Arbitration and Compliance cases including reconciling related billing transactions.
- Identify and implement process and system enhancements to improve efficiencies or reduce risks.
- Advise Finance on a monthly basis of client billing requirements.
- Review and summarise Card Scheme communications and updates.
- Manage Card Scheme rule changes and mandate deadlines with clients and processors, taking responsibility for follow up activities.
- Educate others in the business on the impacts of scheme changes communicated.
- Provide guidance on complex chargeback cases from either Card Issuing or Merchant perspective.
- Act as subject matter expert for the business with regards to Card Scheme Bulletins and Chargebacks.
- Provide assistance as required with managing and oversight of our Programme Managers and clients including but not limited to review of monthly Compliance Reports to identify and address any concerns in risk and compliance area.
- Provide support to Head of Compliance with policies, procedures and manuals review to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manage due diligence process for new and existing clients under a supervision of Head of Compliance.
- Participate in delivering effective compliance and financial crime monitoring programme and delivering appropriate management information.
- Contribute to preparation and submission of regulatory returns and reports to the regulator (FCA) and/or other authorities.
You would need:
- The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in Disputes and be familiar with activities associated with the chargeback lifecycle.
- They will be comfortable with Visa and Mastercard rules and guides.
- Experience with Pre-Compliance and Compliance cases would be advantageous.
- More important than experience is a willingness to be responsible and accountable for the associated activities.
- This person will take ownership role of their role to they learn (with support from the business) and keep up to date with the Card Scheme processes and rules.
- The individual must be organised and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must have strong PC skills and be comfortable with multi-tasking and working in fast paced environment with conflicting priorities.
About the benefits
Comprehensive benefits package for permanent employees after successful probation period, including:
- Working hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- 5% pension contribution
- Private healthcare
- Life Assurance 4x salary
- Free onsite parking