Our client is a global, Nasdaq traded corporation known for developing and operating high-end hotels and casinos. With over 30,000 employees and a reputation for excellence in the luxury hospitality industry, the Company is advancing environmental, social and governance initiatives that promote community involvement, employee engagement and environmental stewardship. The Company's leadership team is committed to progress and business practices built on a foundation of transparency and respect for communities, people and the environment.
Director of ESG Reporting
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, the Director of ESG Reporting will take ownership of our client's Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) metrics data gathering and reporting processes. ESG reports compile various metrics that demonstrate the Company's commitment to positively contribute to the communities in which it operates, to prudently manage environmental impacts, and to provide a safe working environment for its employees.
Functioning in an independent contributor role, you will work in close partnership with team members and other department heads to develop and monitor tracking mechanisms for various inputs to the Company’s ESG metrics. You will work with internal stakeholders to validate and provide data to external stakeholder groups, and will closely partner with the Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) to understand the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy, to identify the Company’s ESG metrics on which to report, and to execute an internal and external communications plan reporting ESG and CSR results.
- Implement plans for the Company's integrated ESG and CSR measurement and reporting program. Generate ESG reports consistent with the Nasdaq-recommended ESG metrics and 2019 Reporting Guide.
- Work with departments throughout the organization to design and implement the Company’s ESG disclosure and communications. Collaborate with the CSO, Compliance & Risk Management, Legal & Regulatory Affairs, Accounting, Finance, Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Human Resources and various other groups, including external agencies and regulatory bodies. Manage third parties to assist in preparation of ESG reports and perform as a major contributor to a newly created Steering Committee.
- Assist with responses to investors, ESG rating companies, financial institutions, and other stakeholders’ (actual or potential) data requests, including data validation and questions regarding the Company's ESG/CSR reported findings.
- Align global ESG and CSR reporting efforts with company-wide goals, corporate reputation strategy and functional business priorities.
- Assist with the preparation of ESG reporting for our client's Macau public company.
- Develop internal communications in partnership with Corporate Communications that link the Company's compliance requirements with their CSR program/initiatives. Assist with integrating the data into the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management Program. Develop strategic ESG and CSR communications plans tailored to key stakeholders.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to senior leadership with the shared goal of achieving best practices in ESG and CSR measurement and reporting. May provide strategic input and ultimately make policy recommendations on the Corporate Sustainability and Social Impact (CSSI) strategy. Assist in developing a value-creation strategy connecting business and ESG priorities beyond reporting to focus on evaluation, management and measurement of goals and targets.
- Develop and conduct a gap analysis annually comparing the Company's annual report to Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), and/or other applicable standards. Contribute to investor reporting in the creation of financial and ESG/social impact reports. Assist in preparation of GAAP financial statements and various industry/government/regulatory reports.
- Provide support and advice to auditors and regulators, and prepare for, participate in and remediate findings resulting from regulatory examinations.
- Establish goals for ongoing ESG and CSR measurement and reporting, keeping abreast of industry issues and new ESG practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- CPA from a Big 4 or middle-tier public accounting firm is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in financial reporting and/or Corporate Social Responsibility with direct experience developing CSR and ESG reporting programs consistent with ESG global reporting standards.
- The Director of ESG Reporting is expected to have a strong expertise and specific knowledge about dominant ESG issues, to include experience in gathering and reporting ESG metrics.
- Comprehensive enterprise risk management, compliance, and CSR experience is desired.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise and effective manner.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Strong aptitude for data gathering and analytics.
- Must demonstrate the ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances.
- Experience in a gaming and/or hospitality environment is preferred, but not required.
- Strong proficiency in the use of systems, data collection technologies, and reporting software is needed.
- Ability to effectively manage complex, sensitive and confidential matters.
- Strong strategic thinker and problem solver.
- The ability to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Interested? Next steps…
This role is actively progressing, so please apply ASAP.
Pentasia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.