Our client, a multi-platform media group (in esports & gaming), are looking to hire a Director of Engineering (Fan Engagement) to join their team in Canada. The client’s service offering includes a unique combination of esports content, streaming technology, gaming platforms, data analytics and intellectual property.
You will be given the opportunity to join a growing product engineering team focused on architecting and delivering the client’s new fan engagement platform which will be used by their various gaming properties.
You will be a key technology leader and hands-on contributor as the client undertakes a major re-architecture / redesign across their products to bring new offerings to market as well as to modernize and consolidate legacy platforms. The new fan engagement platform will provide a series of shared services across their products such as user/identity management, payment processing, account balances, and real-time in-game communications.
- Responsible for the definition, architectural design, hands-on development as well as successful and timely delivery of features in Engine Media’s fan engagement platform
- Leadership of team including mentoring, coaching, career development, and performance management
- Optimization of an iterative development process including code/build tools, documentation, team/peer reviews, and DevOps automation tools to achieve the highest quality, performance, scalability, stability, security, and cost management
- Collaboration with our product management team to co-lead iteration and sprint planning meetings, providing estimates, risks, and solutions/alternatives
- Collaboration with the teams responsible for the products built upon this platform to define how products are built upon the fan engagement platform
- 15+ years relevant experience
- Technical expertise with:
- System architecture methods and deliverables such as documentation and diagrams.
- Service-oriented Architecture and RESTful API’s.
- Real-time communication architectures such as PubSub, Phoenix/Elixir, WebSockets
- Back-end technologies such as NodeJS, Python, Golang services, PHP/Laravel
- Database/Caching systems such as SQL/RDBMS, NoSQL (mongo), Redis/memcache
- Source/Build/Packaging/deployment tools such as NPM, webpack, babel, git, travis
- Unit testing frameworks such as: PHPUnit, Jest, Enzyme, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- AWS, CDN’s, server performance, stability, security, and cost management
- Team leadership techniques including providing mentoring, coaching and dealing with challenging staffing situations
- Agile and sprint processes, including planning and estimation tools ranging from story points all the way up to major project plans.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a collaborative focus
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!