Multinational B2B supplier of gambling software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions is looking to hire a DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT as a permanent addition to their growing team in their Sofia based office.
You will lead a talented, fast-growing global team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment using the latest technologies to advance the industry-leading platform.
You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
- Work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross-functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification within a rigorous regulatory environment;
- Manage all the activities of the software development group (Java, DB, Web, Apps & Games Developers);
- Set attainable goals to Team Leads in order for the projects to be finished on time with in the most effective way;
- Provide guidance to Team Leads to encourage work productivity;
- Ensures appropriate procedures and processes are followed when it comes to software development;
- Analyses software requirements and monitors status of developing software;
- Reviews and revises product requirements and specifications from tech point of view;
- Participates in any other areas of the software development process and provides technical support to other company personnel;
- Working with the Tech Leads to monitor, evaluate and oversee the completion of tech tasks and projects and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle;
- Working with the Dev Teams, managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast-paced agile environment;
- Working with the Architects to make architectural decisions,
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Work with Tech Leads and Dev Teams to make sure documentation on developed solutions is in place.
- Work with the Dev Teams to create innovative ways to manage business processes through technology tools.
- Drive process and quality of services improvements.
- Work with the Operations Team to ensure all delivered software is supportable, has appropriate monitoring and operational handover.
- Work with the Dev Teams to ensure the delivered software has been load-tested and security reviewed where appropriate.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- 7+ years of relevant development, engineering and Java experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- Strong business and technical vision
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable liaising with clients and internal stakeholders to gather requirements and to demo products
- Strong core Java skills, Java 8+ and JavaEE
- Source Control Management (Mercurial, BitBucket, Crucible)
- Build & Continuous Integration tools (Maven, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Application/Web servers (Tomcat, Tomee, Apache)
- Experience with JS Libraries and Frameworks (ReactJS)
- Web Application frameworks (Struts, SpringMVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security)
- Other Enterprise level technologies (CDI, JAXB, JAX-RS, Taglibs, Servlets, JSP, AMQP, JMS)
- Webservices, REST and Enterprise Integration (Spring Boot, JAX-RS, CXF, Camel)
- Microservice Paradigm
- High level understanding of database technologies and concepts (deployment, normalisation, interaction with business logic in stored procedures - SQL Server 2016)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Confident, strategic thinker with strong presentations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with remote technical teams
This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to other European offices may be required to facilitate training with other team members