Our client, the US based casino and sports betting app, is looking for a Devops Engineer to work remotely.
About the Role:
DevOps Engineers are IT professionals who collaborate with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members to manage code releases. They cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Testing and examining code written by others and analyzing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and delivering DevOps updates and ‘fixes’
- Other job duties as assigned
- Fluent in at least one development language (python/go...)
- Familiarity with development workflows, applied to infrastructure (git workflows, versioning, infrastructure code testing)
- Understanding of cloud infrastructures and distributed systems.
- Up to date knowledge of modern cloud networking
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with containerization and orchestration systems
- Experience with log aggregation systems (ELK)
- Good communication, analytical and organizational skills as well as strong customer and service orientation.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies