My client is a consumer internet and technology business with an unrivalled sports media, gaming, social, and fintech platform which serves millions of daily active users across the globe via technology and operations hubs across more than 10 countries and 3 continents.
The company has already built a team of 300+ high achievers from a diverse set of backgrounds and the company is looking for more talented individuals to drive further growth and contribute to the innovation, creativity and hard work that currently serves the company's users further via their grit and innovation.
Profile of the candidate
• Are experience in DevOps activities, and production support. All aspects involved in delivering web applications to a production system in an enterprise and familiarity with AWS, Git.
• Have a deep understanding of cloud architecture, AWS technologies, and cloud security best practices.
• Have strong experience with container and cloud solutions, such as Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Are following the latest industry trends and are passionate about cloud computing for large-scale systems.
• Have all of the traits of a good developer and be an experienced leader of people with experience gained in DevOps, including good experience as a Lead Developer or equivalent.
• Backend Application Framework: Spring Boot (Java Config + Embedded Tomcat)
• Frontend Application Framework: VueJS
• Micro Service Framework: Spring Cloud Dalston (Netflix Eureka + Netflix Eureka + Netflix Ribbon + Feign)
• Database: AWS RDS, RDS Proxy, MONGODB
• Public Cache: AWS ElastiCache + Redis
• Message Queue: Apache RocketMQ, RabbitMQ
• Distributed Scheduling: Dangdang Elastic Job
• Data Index and Search: ElasticSearch
• Log Real-time Visualization: ElasticSearch + Logstash + Kibana, Grafana Loki
• Business Monitoring: Prometheus + Grafana
• Reverse Proxy: Nginx
• CDN: Cloudflare
• Server Virtualization Container: AWS EKS + AWS EC2
• Server Operation System: CentOS
• Static File Storage: AWS S3
• Inner DNS Resolution: AWS Route 53
• Network Management: AWS VPC
• Cluster Management and Scaling: AWS OpsWorks
• Cluster Monitoring: Prometheus + AWS CloudWatch
• HTTPS Certificate Management: AWS Certificate Manager
• Malicious Attack Defending: AWS WAF & Shield
• Cluster Alert: AWS SNS + Slack
• Continuous Integration/Deployment: Jenkins, Rancher, ArgoCD
• Configuration Tool: Ansible, Chef, Salt
• Manage a global DevOps team and mentor team members on new technologies in your area of expertise
• Improve existing infrastructure and CI/CD procedure
• Holistically improve all aspects of the company's infrastructure, including reducing costs, improving build and deployment times, streamlining environment provisioning, lowering load times, incorporating the latest techniques and technologies, and more
• Monitor and maintain the existing cloud infrastructure via autoscaling, automated alerts
• Take ownership and responsibility for the company's cloud operation activities
• Liaise with external security agencies for annual audits as well as perform company's own internal security sweeps
• Aid in reconfiguring existing architecture to allow for rapid deployments to new countries
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• A natural disposition to mentor and guide team members
• Rich experience with large-scale, AWS-hosted, microservice systems
• A creative approach to problem solving and crafting simplified solutions
• Proven experience on Kubernetes, AWS and Web technology
• Experience forming and leading teams is beneficial
• Understanding of Java/Spring, Android, and Vue.Js deployment pipelines is a plus
Quarterly and flash bonuses
Flexible working hours
28 days paid annual leave
Annual Global and Team company retreats - we're going on a luxury 5 day retreat to Dubai in November this year!
Highly talented, dependable co-workers in a global, multicultural organisation
The company's score 100% on The Joel Test
The company's teams are small enough for you to be impactful
The company's business is globally established and successful, offering stability and security to company's Team Members