We are looking for an experienced team lead to build the next generation sportsbook platform on both mobile and desktop.
As team lead you will be responsible for; development, delivery, maintenance of features, and ensuring the team delivers as a whole, as well as management, career development, guidance, coaching and support of your team.
You will work closely with the team to design elegant solutions, troubleshoot difficult problems and introduce solid processes, which you will help maintain and adapt to encourage continual improvement of the team’s performance.
What you’ll do
- Lead a mixed skill-set team to design and develop high quality end-to-end solutions.
- Maximise team efficiency within a cross-functional development environment.
- Coach the team in the use of Scrum and Kanban engineering practices.
- Mentor team members and help them develop both their technical and soft skills.
- Ensure knowledge is shared across the team and platform.
- Drive the continuous improvement of the tools and processes within the area.
- Suggests improvements to processes and methodologies that will deliver consistent commercial benefit.
- Highlight and respond to risks as and when they arise.
- Seek out better ways to add value to the business through technology-based solutions.
- Ability to understand the current architecture and keep up to date with new and emerging technologies.
- Encourage the team to work with their architect to adhere to standards and architectural designs and vision.
- Work with Product Owners and Business Stakeholders to understand priorities, help manage any backlog, ensure quality, and on time delivery.
- Translates technical and business objectives into meaningful and motivational team objectives.
- Motivate and lead teams effectively through any difficult projects and complex technical issues.
- Encourage continual communication between teams across the Player Services and the rest of the company as a whole.
- Acts as a role model for other team members.
Exposure to any or several of the following technologies, principles and disciplines will be beneficial
- Development principles (DRY, GRASP, KISS, YAGNI, SOLID, SMACSS, BEM).
- Dependency Injection Frameworks (Spring, Guice, Bower etc).
- Unit Testing Frameworks (JUnit, TestNG, Mockito, Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha etc) and testing best practices.
- Database Technologies - RDBMS (e.g. Oracle, IBM DB2, CloudSQL), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j).
- Build Automation and Continuous Integration (Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Team City, Hudson, Git, Subversion, Grunt, Gulp).
- Scripting with the Linux command shell.
- Messaging Technologies - (e.g. EMS, ActiveMQ, Camel, etc).
- REST and RESTful API design.
- Web Technologies (HTML, CSS, XML, XML Schema and XSLT, JSON).
- Experience working on high-throughput, low latency systems and/or high-volume websites.
- Experience as a Scrum Master for a development team.
- Previous experience of leading a small-sized team.
- Track record of building an engaging culture for high performing teams.
- Experienced in coaching and mentoring team members.
What’s in it For You?
- Medical and life insurance
- Very flexible working hours
- Possibility of working from home one day per week
- Relaxed working environment
- Performance related bonus
- Relocation package
- Above market rate salary