As Design Manager, you will have a significant and fulfilling role working alongside other DesignOps within the wider Design team. Your primary focus will be design project management and day-to-day operations for the games design stream. You will be collaborating with other peers and interacting with business stakeholders within a dynamic and highly iterative games delivery environment.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is a true team-first player thus demonstrating openness, reception and the mindset to do new things and keep on learning.
- Design roadmap and backlog management (setting goals, planning iterative deliveries and encouraging commitment);
- Assist design leads in preparing project plans, scope documents, resource allocation and project milestones;
- Analyse various metrics and look for ways to improve efficiency;
- Help facilitate design retrospectives or internal workshops;
- Update and inform upwards on the projects' progress and issues;
- Capture key issues, decisions, and mitigate production risks;
- Represent the Design team and its initiatives - collaborate, communicate, and negotiate with product managers, engineers and stakeholders across the organisation;
- Partner with product and engineering peers in managing projects and design initiatives with our extensive outsourcing partners;
- Help in supporting team’s health, initiating activities for team’s general wellbeing.
What you'll bring
- Familiarity working with project management tools (Roadmunk, JIRA, or similar);
- Proven experience managing games/design projects from ad-hocs up to large initiatives;
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scaled Agile or similar) and Design Thinking;
- Great self-organisational skills and ability to simultaneously work on a multitude of different project streams and initiatives;
- Experience working with designers, animators, artists and other creatives;
- Extensive knowledge of working in partnership with product owners, product and engineering managers;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, articulation and presentation skills;
- Reception to feedback and ability to adapt and iterate upon it;
- Experience in managing stakeholders’ expectations and articulating decisions;
- Fluent level of written and spoken English;
- Experience working within the iGaming industry is advantageous