Our client, an online casino technology and services company, is hiring an experienced Database Developer (PostgreSQL) for their team on a remote basis.
They are looking for a Database Developer with PostgreSQL experience. The role involves analysing the needs and producing an effective database system according to the required specifications. This includes both working within teams building database-centric application services and being responsible for building and maintaining ETL processes.
The client has a small company “can do” attitude, focusing on getting stuff done. They have a remote set up with regular communication and a flexible working schedule.
- Coordinate with the developers, managers, and leadership teams to build effective products
- Collaborate with product managers to make sure our data offerings meet requirements
- Work closely with platform developers to ensure services have the right data model and access patterns
- Keep a check on data structures and quality of data with DBAs
- Integrate and maintain database code in procedures, scripts, queries, and views
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL.
- A large amount of experience with ETL processes.
- Exposure beyond the most basic data models (such as partitioning or JSON columns).
- An ability to write analytics queries (in particular window functions).
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security, and monitoring).
- Good level of experience with Linux scripting.
- Some experience in infrastructure automation (Terraform, Ansible or similar).
- General knowledge of cloud technologies.
- At least some exposure to one JVM Language (Java, Scala, Groovy, Kotlin).
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!