Our client, an agile software development company in the iGaming sector, is currently hiring an experienced Database Developer to join their high performing team!
The client has developed and maintained a very successful Java based multi-application software stack over the past 20 years. They offer a remote flexible working environment and provide a fantastic benefit package.
As a member of the Database Team, you will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the organization’s PostgreSQL database platform that is central to their Java software multi-application environment. As a technical expert with a strong delivery focus, you will collaborate with all levels of the organization including software engineers, architects, and quality assurance engineers.
- Identify, analyze and translate business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments
- Create and maintain schema objects, including complex functions, scripts and triggers
- Engage in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including coding of database functions/procedures, SQL scripting, creating thorough and demonstrable unit testing specifications, test data sets and load testing to ensure all specifications are met
- Provide development estimates from high-level functional requirements (i.e., user stories) in an Agile framework
- Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations
- Analyze large, complex amounts of data
- Deploy applications in different databases for development, testing, staging, and other non-production environments
- Performance tuning including indexing strategies, tuning complex SQL queries and database stored procedures
- Provide ad-hoc reports for project and business stakeholders
- Collaborate with DBAs to analyze performance testing; identify and implement corresponding required changes in database and applications
Skills & Qualifications:
- A College diploma or University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience with demonstrated progressive responsibilities
- 5+ years of experience with developing, implementing and operating PostgreSQL
- Solid experience in database design methodologies and relational database architecture
- Advanced level of SQL; capable of developing and performance tuning of complex SQL queries and efficient data queries with large data sets
- ETL and dimensional modelling experience is desired
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems (including shell scripting)
- Knowledge of database disaster recovery principles and practices
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!