Our client, a fast growing company in iGaming & Sports, is currently hiring an experienced Database Administrator to join their team in Hoboken, NJ. The client is a well established European brand that have recently expanded to the US with the intention of building the best possible casino and sports products in the industry.
This position requires someone who is experienced in reviewing database performance trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
The Database Administrator will report directly to infrastructure team lead and work together with the rest of management team and employees.They will be responsible for contributing to the creation and maintenance of database entities for the US entity.
- Engaging in the operation and automization of private and public cloud database infrastructure (AWS)
- Operating the database applications on enterprise and internal tool Level
- Managing the performance optimization and tuning of the client’s mySQL databases
- Providing self-service tools for developers
- Evaluating Cloud Database Solutions?
- Implementing solutions using IaaS approach?
- Consulting and advising colleagues on questions related to databases?
- Act as escalation point for internal development and operations teams
- Executing changes according to ITIL methodology?
- Implementing security controls as per documented requirements?
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 years of experience in the administration of database systems
- Deep knowledge with mySQL,
- Nice to have: practical experiences in building CI/CD pipelines with Terraform and profound knowledge with other provisioning tools (Puppet or Ansible)
- Some working experience with AWS
- Standby: Available for on-call duty
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!