Our client, an online casino, is currently looking for an experienced Database Administrator with experience managing and administering MySQL clusters to join their IT Operations team.
This MySQL database administrator will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of clusters of MySQL instances.
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Collate, prepare and present information for internal and external use
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
Skills & Qualifications;
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database management
- 5+ years experience with recent versions of MySQL
- Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
- Endorses Infrastructure as Code, automation and is familiar with Git
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and capable of solving complex technical problems in a 24x7 environment
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL statements
- Knowledge of MySQL features, such as its event scheduler, partitioning, compression
- Ability to plan resource requirements from high level specifications
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!