Our client, an independent software company in the iGaming industry, are currently looking to hire a Senior DBA / DBA Manager to join their team either in the UK or Malta. You will report directly to the CTO & work closely with the Head of Infrastructure.
The main responsibilities of the role will be to work alongside our aggregation platform, games, DevOps/TechOps and operations teams and help them throughout the development and support process. This is a great opportunity to join the development team that is creative, fast growing, agile and build a Data Team around your leadership.
- Extensive experience of MySQL version 5.1+ and have carried out upgrades of Major, Minor and Patch versions.
- Experience of High Availability tech stack including Galera Cluster, ProxySQL, HAProxy
- In-Depth knowledge of various storage engines used within MySQL and MariaDB
- Experience of designing database infrastructure to meet technical and business requirements.
- Experience of deploying and managing backup/restore strategies for large databases.
- Experience of using git for database development and deployment.
- Strong performance-tuning skills in databases handling high transaction rates with many terabytes of data.
- SQL Development experience including writing, troubleshooting and optimising queries.
- Knowledge of tools for database monitoring, management and automation (e.g. ClusterControl, Percona)
- Knowledge of NoSQL DB (e.g. MongoDB, Redis) clustering and management.
- Good communication skills and able to interface with architecture, development and operations teams.
- Worked in an agile/Kanban environment and be comfortable with rejecting low priority demands when pipeline if full of high priority tasks.
- Provide a resilient, stable and performant database platform.
- Provide dashboards to management to show capacity
- Provide ongoing performance improvements through optimisations enabling the system to easily handle spikes in transaction rate due to demand and/or promotions.
- Build systems on an ‘expect failure’ principle providing available/resilient systems
- Work in an agile way providing visibility to work and outcomes
- Ensure that backups are run, tested and verified across all critical databases.
- Develop alerting systems from the monitors including anomaly detection to ensure that both the DBA team and management are aware of emerging issues
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!