Our client, a Software Development company in the iGaming industry, is currently hiring a talented Database Administrator (MySQL/MariaDB).
We are looking for an experienced MySQL/MariaDB database administrator who will be responsible for ensuring the performance, availability, and security of 3 clusters of MariaDB instances. You will also be responsible for orchestrating upgrades, backups, and provisioning of database instances.
- Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered configurations
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentations and specifications
- Handle common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
- Ensure correct monitoring of key metrics such as load, dead locks, slow queries and any other events that may lead to problems
- Assist development teams with deployments and query optimizations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong proficiency in MariaDB or MySQL database management
- Decent experience with recent versions of MariaDB or MySQL
- Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines, such as InnoDB and MyISAM
- Experience with replication configuration in MariaDB MySQL
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MariaDB or MySQL
- Knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!