Our client, a leading global player in the iGaming industry, is currently hiring a Data Warehouse Developer to join their team in either Malta or Turkey!
The client has a wide range of exciting brands across multiple markets. They are operating more than 20 brands on their proprietary platform providing a secure, innovative, and entertainment-led player experience across casino and sports betting. They have over 500 talented employees across 7 main locations.
You will be a part of the team responsible for maintenance and further development of the existing company data warehouse system in cloud environment (GCP / Big Query and AWS / Redshift), which acts as a single point of truth for making data driven business decisions. This position is ideal for someone who would like to improve their skill in data warehousing, reporting and GCP and AWS cloud services.
- Establish a standard of best practices related to segregation of duties, data access, access to resources, technical documentation, server and system updates and system maintenance
- Continuous monitoring and assessment of systems performance against defined KPIs
- Research and test new technologies that can be used to improve our data warehouse processes
- Maintain and support data load processes ensuring the loads are stable and the data is delivered to business in stipulated time
- Maintain clear communication to business about data load failures, inconsistent data and successful loads to the respective distribution groups
- Structure the team’s folder repository appropriately for data warehouse administration and support process
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data warehouse and external data feeds
- Work closely with data warehouse and BI developers on performance improvements of data load processes and reports performance
- Development of data warehouse ETL/ELT jobs
- Support and assist business users in data extract / reporting requests
- Performing ad hoc data analyses when required
- 2-4 years of Data Warehouse and reporting focused work experience
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience in ETL/ELT development is required
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimisation experience is required
- Experience in database and server administration will be considered an asset
- Experience with GCP/AWS platform services will be considered an asset
- Experience with troubleshooting problems related to databases, software applications and servers
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering from business users
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse concepts (such as Kimball or Inmon methodologies)
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!