We are looking for a Database Team Lead, responsible for leading our highly qualified data engineers’ team. Your primary focus will be to manage the daily activities and priorities of the Data Team. There's plenty of work and challenges as we keep growing and entering new markets.
What you’ll do
- Prioritize and manage teams’ goals and daily work, keeping them aligned with Company goals.
- Drive the short-term planning and execution of sprints and long-term roadmaps.
- Work closely with Data Product Owner to ensure the Business goals are met in timely fashion and communicate with stakeholders when they are at risk.
- Keep the team members motivated, ensure their professional growth and well-being.
- Have a solid overview of our Data architecture, promoting this with different stakeholders.
- Create clarity and align the team behind (a) common goal(s).
- Cooperate closely with development teams and Operations.
In order to succeed you need
- Excellent people skills and interest in leadership.
- A sense of ownership and a passion for technology and Data science.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work independently.
One or more of the following (skills) would be nice to have
- Experience in Team lead role.
- Experience in database administration or data science field.
- Knowledge of our main technologies in use – Oracle database, PostgreSQL, Python and Looker.
Good reasons to join
- We embrace freedom and responsibility. We value teamwork, honest and open communication.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Our motto: "Do what makes sense, question what doesn't".
- New office in the heart of Tartu.
This position is located in Estonia (Tartu or Tallinn)