Our client is currently hiring a hands-on Data Engineer who will work alongside other developers, architects and business analysts in an agile environment. You will be working on a delivery team to deliver batch and streaming data pipelines from their strategic Google cloud based lake, warehouse and other data platforms. You will get to work with large data sets and apply the latest big data technologies on a range of cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Code elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Cooperate with architects and other data engineers to develop technical designs and to propose solutions to key stakeholder requirements
- Attend training as required related to Google Cloud Platform, ETL and data pipelines generally
- You will have an interest in the Gaming industry and in playing our games to understand the impact of data on the player experience
- You will be available for some 2nd line on-call support
Skills & Qualifications;
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience.
- Unix shell scripting experience.
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to explain work to other team members
- An interest in understanding how the technical task at hand translates into business value
- Desirable: experience of data reporting or dashboarding platforms such as Tableau or Cognos
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!