My Client in the iGaming industry is looking for an experienced DATA ENGINEER to join their team in their office in Tallinn, Estonia.
You will be working in a delivery team to deliver batch and streaming data pipelines from a strategic Google cloud-based lake, warehouse and other data platforms, and also from a legacy enterprise data warehouse.
You will work with large data sets and apply the latest big data technologies on a range of cloud and on-site platforms.
- Cooperating with architects and other data engineers to develop technical designs and to propose solutions to key stakeholder requirements
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable
- Peer reviewing other team member’s code.
- Attending stand-ups with key stakeholders
- Communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Producing clear and concise documentation
- Some 2nd line on-call support
- Attending training as required (Google Cloud Platform, ETL and data pipelines)
Minimum Required Skills:
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience.
- Unix shell scripting (or similar) experience.
- Familiarity with agile principles.
- Public cloud experience, Google highly desirable.
- Experience of DB2.
- Experience with Tableau, Cognos or similar
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Kafka, REST APIs.
- Experience or demonstrable interest in analytics and/or machine learning.