We are looking for a Database Engineer, responsible for maintaining and automating our data platform. Your primary focus will be the maintenance and configuration of our current database platform and helping to improve further. There's plenty of work and challenges as we keep growing and entering new markets.
What you’ll do
- Maintain and configure our on-premise and cloud databases
- Own the Data Model and ensure clean data(base) design
- Own the Data Layer; help the development teams to design and implement data(base) related solutions based on business requirements.
- Cooperate closely with development teams and Operations.
- Implement and maintain data security and auditing, backup and recovery policies.
- Perform data(base) tuning and performance monitoring.
- Develop and maintain different regulatory reports (SQL).
In order to succeed you need
- Good knowledge about SQL (Oracle or PostgreSQL preferred)
- A sense of ownership and a passion for technology
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
One or more of the following (skills) would be nice to have
- 3+ years of experience in database administration
- Previous experience with our main technologies in use – Oracle database, PostgreSQL, Python and Looker
Good reasons to join
- We embrace freedom and responsibility. We value teamwork, honest and open communication.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours.
- Our motto: "Do what makes sense, question what doesn't".
- New office in the heart of Tartu.
This position is located in Estonia (Tartu or Tallinn)