Data Center Lead Technician
The Data Center Lead Technician provides services to support the physical IT Structure. They assemble and implement hardware solutions, troubleshoot, and provide technical support to internal and external customers.
In addition to the above, the Lead Technician will directly supervise and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Data Center Hardware Team. Responsible for new order turn-ups, customer support escalations and special requests, and overseeing and assisting the setup of a new cabinet turn-ups along with daily team workload management.
- Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations.
- Provide technical support to our customer via the phone, email and live chat.
- Provide direction and supervision of the Data Center Hardware Team.
- Seek to improve processes and procedures with the goal of delivering the highest level of service to our customers.
- Promote a strong culture committed to service quality through the successful execution of repeatable, well-designed processes.
- Monitor all Hardware operations including order systems and floor work to ensure that resources and systems are leveraged to maximize productivity and service excellence.
- Identifies training needs for employees and actively coaches team members to ensure that there is constant improvement in their technical skills and productivity.
- Ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines to ensure that operations are not adversely impacted.
- Make recommendations for changes and improvements and communicate to Support Services Management.
- Manage special projects as needed.
- Meet and/or exceed and maintain service levels as assigned by management.
- Maintain communication with functional managers and management to ensure issues are resolved.
- Monitor work queues to ensure 100% compliance with SLAs.
Team Work & Communication
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter so as to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment so as to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Whenever needed, interacts and assists with members of other teams so as to contribute to the overall company culture.
- Actively interacts with other teams to ensure that all relevant departments are up to speed on all project work being carried out by their colleagues.
- Establishes and
- 5+ years of technical experience
- 1 - 3 years in a supervisory/management role, in a NOC or Data Center environment;
- 1 - 3 Years previous Linux/UNIX experience in a server environment.
- Knowledge of day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, network switch/port configuration, server decommissioning.
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate effective teaming and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent analytic, organization and project management skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be comfortable working in a high stress, fast a paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization.
- Self-driven with a take-charge attitude while exercising good judgment in a rapid-paced environment