The CTO is responsible for providing leadership and vision for our clients information technology activities. S/he is responsible for aligning technologies to the needs of the business. The CTO also provides leadership for daily application and infrastructure technology operations and the implementation of new services. As a business leader, recruitment and development of departmental staff also falls under his/her scope of responsibility.
The performance of this role holder will be assessed based on the achievements made on:
- 100% Network stability and availability
- 100% Network optimization
- People management – of team to ensure optimal delivery
- New business growth – Through R&D
- % acceptable risk through technology systems and processes
- 100% Protection of company data
- Systems are documented as per the quality standards
Establish technology governance processes of direction and control to ensure that government, partner, and company expectation for customer information privacy are met
Participate in management decisions about corporate governance as well as on technology processes and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the company’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications
Direct and develop a technology security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
Identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to business success.
The job at hand:
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- In charge of the management and storage of all company IT related assets; ensure an updated repository system is maintained always.
- Ensure all company developed systems, platforms and applications are documented and oversee the redundancy of systems to avoid data loss.
- Identify and implement technology trends and platforms by maintaining current information about technology standards and compliance regulations as well as monitoring technology and social trends that could impact the company both positively or negatively.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to investors, management, staff, partners, customers, shareholders and any other stakeholders.
- Manage technology research and development (R&D) and evaluate and recommend technologies aligned to the business strategy.
- Integrate customer service and support with the available systems to support resolution of customer issues and improve usability, reduce downtime and create a great customer experience.
- Establish, implement and continuously improve and maintain the organizations’ email service, domain management and web-based internal communication systems.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company needs.
- Manage technology vendor relationships
- Establish quality technology assurance processes.
- Lead, manage and provide direction and stewardship to all teams managed.
An ideal background and profile might look like:
- Have at least 10 years of management experience in a telco / software development environment, 5 of which must be at senior management level.
- Practical experience with deployment, optimization and operation of medium to large size networks
- Understands in-building wireless network projects, floor plans, site surveys and the fundamentals of testing
- In-depth knowledge of project planning methodologies and best practices in project management
- Experience managing web application development, coding, software development methodology
- Experience in discerning user requirements and specification development
- Vendor relations and negotiation skills and experience
- Knowledge of internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems and control systems
- Familiar with IS vulnerabilities and risk management
- Familiar with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirement
- Well exposed to business theory, process development, governance processes, management, budgeting and administrative operations