The CTO role encompasses the successful execution of the company’s technical strategy through management of its development team. The CTO is responsible for all technical aspects, development and resources of the development team.
As CTO you work with the development team on delivering a best-in-class user experience of our client’s games facilitated by an agile team top developer, sys admins and QAs.
- Delivering a best-in-class user experience to all players on all platforms on all devices.
- Lead and prioritise development across all platforms.
- Lead and motivate a development team consisting of network specialists, project managers, product owners, designers, QAs, front-end and back-end developers.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms for delivering the company’s games.
- Define the company’s software development methodology and quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Manage, and over time integrate, multiple development teams in separate locations.
- Product manage the development with the player experience as a starting point.
- Review and approve proposed development releases and manage the release process.
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organisation of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor staff through performance reviews and the performance of the development team through KPIs.
Formal Education & Certification:
- University degree in the field of computer science and/or business administration.
- An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- 15+ years of experience managing web application development.
- 5+ years of experience in gaming.
- Hands-on experience coding in more than one currently popular web application framework.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Critical thinker and proven leadership ability. Hands on mentality.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated team builder and motivator.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative