The Credit Risk Analyst is primarily responsible for credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing merchant accounts.
- Performs credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing merchant accounts
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts
- Reviews credit history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients
- Ensures a balanced risk and revenue trade-off consistent with credit policy and loss target expectations
- Investigates the processing activity on accounts that have exceeded the parameters set in our risk management system and make a real time decision if the account is conducting business in a fraudulent manner or in a way that increases the credit exposure to the company and its partners. Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and be able to make real time and accurate decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with Law Enforcement, Visa, MasterCard, Attorneys, Merchant Business Owners, and credit card customers who make purchases at our clients business
- Other responsibilities as required
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years credit analysis experience or equivalent
- An understanding of basic risk management practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail