The Credit Risk Analyst is primarily responsible for credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing merchant accounts.
This position is located in Dublin.
- Performs credit analysis and underwriting activities, evaluating financial position and credit worthiness, for prospective and existing merchant accounts
- Maintains and reviews current information on existing accounts
- Reviews credit history to assess credit worthiness of new prospective clients
- Ensures a balanced risk and revenue trade-off consistent with credit policy and loss target expectations
- Investigates the processing activity on accounts that have exceeded the parameters set in our risk management system and make a real time decision if the account is conducting business in a fraudulent manner or in a way that increases the credit exposure to the company and its partners. Investigations include the gathering of data from various sources & systems and interpreting the data.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and be able to make real time and accurate decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with Law Enforcement, Visa, MasterCard, Attorneys, Merchant Business Owners, and credit card customers who make purchases at our clients business
- Other responsibilities as required
- Bachelors in Finance, Accounting or related field
- 2-4 years credit analysis experience or equivalent
- An understanding of basic risk management practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and manage multiple responsibilities effectively without losing attention to detail