• The CTO Candidate reports to the CEO and is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision,
leading all aspects of the company’s technology development and the key individual responsible for pursuing and delivering the Product agenda. The CTO is the company’s top technology executive, playing an integral role in the company’s strategic direction, development, and future growth.
• The CTO role offers a balance of significant operational responsibility and strategic opportunity to help drive better use of technology across the Group. The CTO will have the bearing and gravitas to lead the entire Technical team at a time of great opportunity in the sector. He/she will exude integrity and conviction and will naturally install credibility and confidence in all stakeholders.
• This is a key appointment and requires well-honed technical and business skills, coupled with a track record of leadership and management, ideally gained within an established retail and online gaming company of repute, skills that will be respected by peers and subordinates without question and will bring this experience to bear in the trading environment. Prior experience of people management is an essential prerequisite, with an extremely good working knowledge of sports and interest in the gaming industry being very important.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate an intuitive sense of customer focus as well as a passion for nurturing talent and developing and training the next generation of senior leadership within the company. The Technology Department currently comprises approximately 50 employees across a wide variety of skill sets, with significant growth in the number of employees anticipated in the short to medium term. This is an unique and exciting opportunity for a senior IT professional to join an innovative and fast moving company.
• Significant senior management experience within the online gaming industry and/or high velocity online transactional environment.
• Skills in business analysis, business process design, project management and full-stack development
• Management of a fast paced business of a similar size and experience of working within a corporate structure.
• A minimum of 6 years management experience in a commercial organization with substantial experience in a senior management role.
• Ability to nurture the management skills of all managers in the IT Department and ensure skills and career development of all members of the IT Department, through timely and accurate performance reviews.
• Establishing a process to identify and develop talent within the IT Department and develop a robust succession plan for the department.
• Have a successful track record of establishing and managing multi-location development operations.