A highly successful software company with global remit is looking to hire a highly commercial CFO to support the continued growth and development of the company
The CFO heads, directs, and coordinates the financial operations in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the management and board of directors and is a real business partner to the group CEO.
The ideal candidate for this position has presentational skills and experience in dealing with external stakeholders. Experience from a public listing process and/or a listed company is a big advantage.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action;
- Producing long-term business plans and budgets and short-term accurate forecasts in order to maintain the financial health of the organization;
- Analyze the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans;
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for income, cash flow and expenditure and maintain strong cost control;
- Oversee cash flow management and planning for short term and long term;
- Present and explain for group or subsidiaries the financial statements, goals, processes, budgets, activity to different stakeholders(management, board, investors, consultants, etc)
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and operate a framework for these to be met;
- Carry out business modelling and risk assessments;
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained;
- Oversees tax management and planning on group level and on individual subsidiaries and ensures tax optimization;
- Oversee a continuous drive towards automation of all processes in the finance department, including reporting, invoicing, analytical reports;
- Ensures accounting policies and financial reporting respect IFRS standards – capitalization and impairment, segmental reporting etc;
- Together with the rest of the Management Team, the Board of Directors and external advisors guide to a successful IPO in US in the next 2-3 years;
- Take part in M&A activity for further strengthening the Group.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Hands on experience of moving a company from an entrepreneurial culture into a more process oriented and structured approach in financial management, planning and reporting;
- Degree in Finance/Accounting is required;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a financial or accounting position in an international company;
- Experience in implementing reporting / accounting software solutions for fast, automated, accurate reporting;
- Strong understanding of software development;
- Experience in the online betting / gambling industry is a plus;
- Able to guide and partner with other teams in order to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used;
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles;
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations;
- Strong analytical skills and technical skills to deliver accurate, quality financial analysis;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and ability to communicate complicated issues effectively;
- High level of responsibility and ability to work unsupervised;
- High degree of resolve to navigate obstacles and solve problems;
- Able to work under tight deadlines with little direction or oversight, multi-task and be flexible to cope with changing priorities;
- Be forward thinking, anticipate business needs proactively, and manage accordingly;
- Ability to strategically develop all corporate functions;
- Experience in setting up and monitoring continuous improvement programs.
A highly competitive package is on offer for this role that can be based in Malta or Bucharest.