Big Data Software Engineer
Our client, a tech company that develops incredible software for the online gaming industry, is looking for an skilled Big Data Software Engineer to join their dynamic team in Malaga.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding knowledge of fast-moving and large volume data in multi-tiered data and analytics platforms.
The role involves the design, development, implementation, and support of a cutting-edge real-time data platform, which includes including data streaming, a data lake, and a blazing fast analytics database.
• Design, develop and support the real-time data platform.
• Conceptualize, evaluate and build a proof of concepts on new models, tools, and techniques.
• Collaborate, peer review, cross skill, and share expertise with other team members.
• Performance tuning of the system and work on new ways to increase efficiency.
Desired experience and skillset:
• Strong experience working with high velocity and high-volume data, including relational, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
• Strong knowledge of database design and development with previous experience in developing ETL processes, and multidimensional data models.
• High understanding of both relational and multidimensional modelling principles.
• Deep knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming languages and must have a strong experience in Java, with Scala knowledge as nice to have.
• Solid experience with SQL queries and database tuning.
• Expertise with Kafka and knowledge of RabbitMQ.
• Good experience with data process technologies like Apache (Spark/Flink/Beam), Oracle ODI, and Confluent’s Platform.
• Good knowledge of Hadoop Cluster Architecture. Hands-on experience within Cloudera Hadoop ecosystems.
• Knowledge of any one of the scripting languages, such as Python, Shell Scripting, or PERL.
Some benefits include:
• Challenging and fulfilling work at an innovative, global company that uses cutting-edge tech.
• International, friendly and multi-cultural environment (over 35 nationalities that speak altogether almost 30 languages!)
• Flexible working hours
• Team building events, learning labs, Hackathons/Designations, and extravagant corporate events
• Workplace perks including gaming consoles, darts, pool, foosball, books, massages, and a kitchen full of coffee, fruit, and even ice-cream
If you are passionate, motivated, driven, and up for the challenge wait no more and apply now!