An iGaming client in the UK is on the lookout for a Mid level Backend Java Developer to join their team. They are a Casino Game & Software development company based within the midlands. (Birmingham)
They are a Fresh/Startup type company who have been around for a few years and have just “boomed” and need to expand to meet technological demands.
Looking for employees who after a career where they will be challenged and driven to consistently improve both themselves and the company.
The company are in a very early stage in terms of development so joining now would mean making your mark within the company.
Creates bespoke and custom game engine solutions utilizing modern browser technologies.
Family oriented business where work life balance is taken seriously.
- Either educated to degree level within a Computer Science or Mathematics field or has relevant real-world experience to compensate
Mandatory Skill Requirements
- Networked Applications (TCP/IP, Sockets)
- Object-oriented Programming
- Unit Testing
- Performance Testing and Optimisation
- Agile Methodology
- Technical Documentation
- Preferred Experience: 3 years professional Java Developer/Engineer
- Development of new features for upcoming games.
- Development of tools to increase the productivity and efficiency of game production.
- Optimisation and refactoring of existing code modules.
- Producing technical documentation to cover modifications and additions to service components.
- Writing clean, well-commented, re-usable and performant code that can be understood and modified by other engineers.
- Devising comprehensive unit tests.
- Attending and contributing to game service review meetings.
- Providing support to production engineers where required.
What’s on offer?
- Friday afternoons off
- Remote onboarding
- Salary £35 – 40K
- Other benefits to be introduced