My client is on the lookout for software engineers that will work on services for games that enjoyed by millions of users worlwide.Those services must be scalable to account for a high number of users. Quality code is of upmost importance... My client expects developers to be up to date with the latest tech trends and able to come up with great ideas
The backend applications are developed using several technologies and programming languages (PHP, AWS EC2, Golang, Kubernetes, etc…), so you should not be afraid to work with their existing code, extend, maintain and continuously refactor the backend of their games.
Your job is not only about coding. You will also have to work with other teams like mobile, analytics or systems to integrate your components, as well as writing technical designs, documentation, knowledge sharing and training other team members.
As a backend engineer, you will also be part of the games team and work closely with game design, player experience, mobile, and other departments. You will be integrated with business decisions as part of our technology strategy.
This is you
More than 5 years of programming experience.
Strong background in languages like PHP, Python, Java, C#, Golang, …
Intermediate systems knowledge and understand what happens behind your code
You accept challenges: You’ll be happy to see our traffic doubling instead of being daunted :-)
You are able to explain technical issues to both technical and non-technical people.
Experience designing and implementing complex systems with multiple parts and technologies
Experience with application scalability, performance, and reliability
Experience with application and system orchestration: understand where you code fits within the big picture
What is in it for you?
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account.
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- Gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- Private medical insurance
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues, drop by our hairdresser’s to get ready (and forget your wallet).
- Training budget
- If you are new to Barcelona they offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and assistance with boring paperwork!