We are looking for an Automation QA Engineer for a multinational games development company in the Netherlands.
You will be given a lot of freedom and the opportunity to contribute your own input to develop and maintain big online multiplayer platforms with gamers all around the world.
- Develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation test scripts (Codeception, Selenium, etc).
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with developers and product managers to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Proven work experience in software development using PHP.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes.
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing.
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Hands on experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
Also, you will:
- Be familiar with Linux systems and shell scripting.
- Be familiar with continuous integration tools.
- Have superb communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Have teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
Here you will find:
- A job where you’ll be managing the databases, hardware and server park of a number major online multiplayer platforms.
- Lots of creative freedom and space for your own initiatives and contributions.
- The most fantastic work environment you can imagine, with a team of committed, no-nonsense creative specialists in the heart of Amsterdam.
- A MacBook Pro and great coffee.
Are you up to the challenge? Apply with your CV and I'll get in touch soon!