An award winning, cutting edge and innovative online casino and bingo brand, is looking to hire a ATL marketing and Media Manager to manage the growth of the brand in the Canadian and North American Markets.
The ATL marketing and Media Manager will be required to manage the development of all ATL creative work to support the ATL media strategy for both markets, and also develop and implement the annual and monthly media plans to support the overall marketing strategy for the brand. This role requires strong creative and brand vision, good leadership skills and excellent stakeholder management.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, self-motivated individual looking to use their existing experience to assist the growth of an already successful global digital business who has been operational in Canada for a couple of years and recently obtained a license from AGCO/ iGO to operate in Ontario.
The successful candidate will work directly with the CMO and other relevant members of the marketing team in London, as well as the Canadian digital marketing manager based in Canada. They will together be responsible for the entire Canadian marketing operation media and budget management. We are looking for a naturally creative person who has a career focused on developing and delivering ATL campaigns either agency or client side.
You’ll be joining at an exciting time where the business is growing and entering new markets with huge potential value, which are also extremely competitive. So ideally, you’ll have proven experience growing challenger brands in highly competitive industries, as well the commercial expertise to deliver exceptional creative campaigns that increase brand awareness and consideration but also deliver immediate commercial results in terms of player acquisition and retention.
- Manage the relationship with the London based creative agency – and eventually find a local partner to take over localization of ATL creative work
- Manage the relationship with the London based media planning and buying agency – and potentially find a local partner to take over the buying of CAD media
- Lead the annual planning process for the development of the ATL element of the annual marketing plan – working with CMO/performance marketing managers and external performance and media agencies
- Lead the analysis and approval of the monthly ATL media plan for 3 markets in CAD (Eng CAD, Ontario and Quebec) and NA when we launch in that market
- Work with media agency and Marketing Analyst to improve ATL/Digital campaign performance reporting – and lead all ATL reporting
- Work with UK based Market research agency to deliver annual brand tracker and customer onboarding surveys in 2 CAD markets (ENG CAD and Quebec)
- Develop a CAD brand strategy – working with the UK based brand and marcomms team and CMO
- Support the CAD digital manager to deliver any surplus digital assets that may be required.
- Manage monthly rotations for CAD TV plans
- Manage Annual CAD media and creative budgets
- Investigate the opportunities outside ATL such as brand/media partnerships/Sponsorships etc – working with local agencies as required
- Look at developing a local CAD PR strategy, including agency pitch
- Responsible for approving all ATL and (potentially some digital) comms
- Responsible for developing and implementing the CAD customer marketing strategy – I.e. Direct Mail approving all ATL and (potentially some digital) comms
- Develop media releases, key messages, media FAQs, and presentations where required
- Monitoring ATL and Sponsorship market activities (competitors)
- Work with CMO/digital marketing manager in CAD and London marcomms team to plan and approve the annual marcomms strategy for CAD
- Work with the company safer gaming lead – to develop and implement a SG strategy for CAD
- Understand marketing objectives and industry and regulatory constraints and translate these into relevant marketing briefs
- Prepare Post Campaign Analysis docs, weekly/monthly reports, and media/creative briefs to support the above
- Act as ears and eyes of the business in Canada monitoring and reporting competitors marketing activities (with support of relevant agencies).
Who are we looking for:
A candidate with profound knowledge of the Canadian ATL media landscape. Coupled with strong experience in Canadian media planning and buying TV, radio, out of home and media Sponsorships. Proven track record in developing ATL creative work (primarily TV/Radio/OOH/Print and Sponsorships). Either agency or client side with experience managing ATL and creative agencies. Gambling experience is preferable but not mandatory. Otherwise working for high volume transaction digital/ e-commerce business in a similar industry.
- More than 4+ years’ experience in a Brand Marketing focused role
- A track record managing significant growth of consumer products, implementing a successful brand strategy
- A collaborative approach to working with teams to build great products for customers
- Experience in delivering growth using ATL marketing – both media management and creative development
- Experience in managing PR campaigns is a bonus.
- Experience in managing customer DM campaigns would be helpful
- Experience working in a high-performance, past-faced start-up culture
- Experiencing in Managing both media and creative agencies and planning and delivering successful campaigns which drive brand preference and commercial success.
- Great communication skills with a strong vision of what good creative looks and feels like
- A team Player with a positive can-do attitude!