Working within an awesome Creative Team, the Art Director’s role is to facilitate the creation of world-class slot game content - from concept sketches to final graphics & animations - and to lead, mentor, and assist in the training and development of the less experienced members of the design team(s).
The Art Director will be responsible for working closely with different game producers, game designers, and various members of the design and development teams to refine and maintain the game production pipeline, assure quality control, and uphold the artistic vision of each game as set out by the game’s designers and producer.
The Art Director should be able to provide consistent communication between the various stakeholders and departments to ensure not only a smooth workflow, but a consistency of design throughout the entire game production process. This is a senior role that requires advanced interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and delegation skills, as well as the ability to lead and direct different design team members across multiple game projects simultaneously.
- Be the main point of contact and communication between the Game Producer and Game Designer and the studio team.
- Provide initial art delivery estimates and then maintain a production schedule within the design team to ensure that all delivery targets and quality standards are met.
- Inspire, lead, mentor, and motivate the entire design team. Provide constructive feedback and necessary skills training on an ongoing basis. Conduct regular performance reviews and define clear career development paths for each member of the design team.
- Provide the creative team with all necessary information regarding graphical style, themes, and other visual communication documentation requirements; sketches, moodboards, storyboards, & style sheets.
- Work closely with programmers and developers to ensure that art assets and deliverables are produced in a manner that is consistent with development standards and are easy to implement. Propose and provide creative solutions to complex design challenges as they arise throughout the game development cycle.
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Clear communication and negotiation skills are crucial. People-management skills are also vital to this role as is the ability to manage time and resources efficiently.
- Possess good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills. Show understanding of different backgrounds when working with multicultural teams.
- A thorough understanding of the core Adobe CC tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and all relevant 2D and 3D software.
- Excellent traditional hand drawing and sketching ability.
- Knowledge of performance optimization for game graphics.
- Storyboarding; possess the ability to take a written design brief and create storyboards that clearly communicate design directives to animators and design team members.
- Positive attitude with a problem-solving ‘can do’ approach.
- The ability to both take and give constructive criticism and feedback.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, especially in terms of file and folder structure.
- Able to multi-task and work across multiple game projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with an eagerness to continually learn and grow.
- Open to new ideas and fresh approaches to design solutions – regardless of source.
- Business level English required.