Igaming State Lead – Arizona, US
Contract: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Remote, based in AZ
Compensation: $175-200k Base
Benefits: 30%Bonus, 30%Equity, Health, 401k, PTO
About the company:
As the State Lead for a tier 1 operator in Arizona, you will have the opportunity to shape and lead one of the biggest digital sports initiatives. You will play a vital role in all aspects of success, from engaging on-brand community outreach, navigating regulatory relationships, driving customer acquisition, motivating the operational and cross-functional teams, working with world-class partners, and creative problem-solving.
The role is centered on rapid growth, continual improvement, and the highest quality customer experience. It requires a versatile and well-rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get things done in the Arizona market. This role blends leadership, partnership management, business development, analytics, field marketing, promotions, and operations.
About the role:
Define and implement the company’s Sportsbook’s Plan to win in Arizona leveraging local and national resources to acquire and engage customers, develop, and execute local partnerships, including our partnership with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
You will be responsible for defining a winning path, establishing a local activation budget, and managing direct and indirect team members to execute key local initiatives and support partnerships in the state.
- Oversee budgeting, P&L performance, and financial optimization to reach revenue growth and profitability targets.
- Acquire new customers, oversee player development, establish retention strategies, and grow revenue in a highly competitive space.
- Manage all aspects of our local digital business while working with national marketing and operations teams.
- Track competitive initiatives and enable best practices.
- Initiate key local marketing activities, including events, partnership activation, and new business development.
- Represent the company’s Sports and Digital businesses at community local events, in local media, with local partnerships and sponsorships, and in communication with external stakeholders.
- Partner with our local Casino leadership to fully effect the power of company locations to maximize the opportunity.
What You’ll Need
- 7+ years of proven success in a similar leadership role – building business success through business development, strong operations, analytics, partnership development, and local marketing initiatives – while managing KPI goals and a P/L budget.
- Analytical Thinking. Data-driven mentality and strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the applicable data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to build and manage strong relationships with the team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners.
- Experience with executing marketing campaigns and driving data-backed, creative marketing initiatives, and creating and executing local activation strategies.
- Experience with CRM tools and analytics software is a plus.
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running a high-growth local organization that is part of a wider enterprise.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, educate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A passion for sports, sports betting, and the opportunity to work in a leadership role.
- BA/BS with an impressive academic record. Advanced degree a plus.
Other Minimum Qualifications:
- Ambition. Proactively seeks opportunities to learn & grow.
- Initiative. Acts and thinks beyond tasks to accomplish goals.
- Team Focused. Ensures understanding, cooperation, and consistency within and between departments. Encourages collaboration and proactively builds rapport with others. Is easy to approach and talk to.
- Self-Awareness. A genuine understanding of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Environmental Radar. Understands how to get things done and when to involve others in decisions.
- Business Intelligence. Understands how our organization works. Demonstrates an understanding of the key business metrics in his/her world.
- Problem finding. Routinely looks to improve services, processes, and strategies.
- Creativity. Takes advantage of difficult or unusual situations to develop unique approaches and useful
- Professionalism. Maintains composure amid challenges; and adheres to standard operating procedures.
- Functional Knowledge/Skills. Has the knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Effectiveness. Effectively manages work and resources to meet timelines and goals amid competing priorities. Consistently demonstrates organization and time management skills.
- Communication: Prepares clear, concise, and well-organized written and verbal communications. Demonstrates active listening. Provides timely and consistent follow-up.