An established Pentasia client is looking for an Network Security Engineer to join their core engineering team. You'll work with other passionate engineers to build best in class sports betting applications. The ideal candidate has a collaborative spirit and enjoys creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems.
About the Role:
An established Pentasia client is looking for a Network Security Engineer with experience in gatekeeping access and information.
This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration as you will be working across many engineering teams, implementing security measures, challenging servers and applications against any vulnerability, and helping to expand our industry leading mobile and desktop applications.
- Contribute and develop cyber-security strategies that are in line with best practices.
- Implement protective measures through firewalls, software solutions, custom scripts, custom tools and data encryption technologies.
- Monitor server and application security, run test and audits to identify improvements (e.g. vulnerability and penetration tests, man in the middle attacks).
- Staying current with current threats and security leaks, implement fixes and create monitors and alerts to mitigate a threat before it affects the business.
- Participate in project planning meetings, guide the teams as an expert on security.
- Review engineering teams plans and identify weaknesses.
- Identify and report any cyber-attacks and participate in any resulting investigation as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience identifying threats and developing appropriate protection measures.
- Strong understanding of networks and how applications work.
- Knowledge in technology capabilities and trends; types, and techniques of hacking attacks in the wild.
- Attention to detail, QA skills, the ability to “think forward,” adept at problem solving and addressing issues and complications before they expand.
- Experience in using cloud-based DDoS tools (e.g. Kona Site Defender, CloudFlare), low level network scanning tools (e.g. Nmap, Ncat), vulnerability scanners (e.g. Nessus, Wazuh)
- Obtainment of Gaming license(s) in multiple jurisdictions required