Senior System Administrator
This is a full-time role, with some out-of-hours tasks to be expected, reporting to the regional Manager for all aspects of Infrastructure Support.
The System Administrator (SA) will report to the CTO and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners. This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle. This individual is accountable for the following systems: Linux and Windows systems that support local and hosted infrastructure; Linux, Windows and Application systems that support Asset Management; Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
• Troubleshoot and solve all Sys Admin related tasks on a day to day basis
• Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure as required by the project at hand.
• Keep company knowledge base up to date and document all new work done
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
• Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
• Perform constant monitoring on all the systems in our offices and hosted environment
• Apply OS patches mainly on Linux but also some windows updates and keep track of new updates required
• Troubleshoot and solve issues related to site to site VPNs all on Cisco ASA
• Office infrastructure support
• A good understanding of Active Directory
• Support local office PABX system
• Provide IT Support to all offices local and abroad, coordinate outsourced support.
• Available for working on call
Technical Skills Required:
• Proven experience on Cisco Firewalls or CCNA qualification
• 4-6 years’ experience as a Systems Administrator
• 4-6 years’ experience on Linux OS Command Line
• 2-3 years’ experience in Windows Environments
• Sound knowledge of Databases and reporting tools
Technical Skills Desired:
• Experience on Networking Perimeter Devices such as Load Balancers, Application Firewalls
• Experience on PCI related activities including reporting and analysis of IDS /IPS Systems
• Flexibility is essential to this position - willing to learn new technologies, to implement new processes, and to take instruction
• Good communication skills and excellent command of the English language
• Working to tight deadline
• Good organizational and documentation skills
• Understanding of financial systems and payment processing would is desirable but not a must
• Good attention to detail
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job